Only recombinant and other cultured/fermented protein-based products are included.  Classic biologics are excluded - vaccines, blood/plasma and cellular products.
Over 95% of products are recombinant proteins.
- The most comprehensive and cost-effective follow-on
biopharmaceuticals (biosimilars, biobetters and biogenerics) pipeline
- Essential and inexpensive
too! The Directory defines the industry common denominator of knowledge and
competitive intelligence concerning the products it covers
(what your competitors with access know, but you don't). Less than $.40/pipeline
product record [compare that to any other pipeline resource].
- Authored by the author/publisher of BIOPHARMA Biopharmaceutical
Products in the U.S. and European Markets
(www.biopharma.com), "The Reference Products Reference," since 2001
the only information resource/reference specializing in
- Contents (3/14/2017)
1,496 product records total
biosimilar product records
146 reference product records
>7,000 product index terms, mostly
678 company records; 170
- Coverage - all follow-on biopharmaceuticals in development or marketed worldwide
- biosimilars - genuine biosimilars; follow-ons targeted to
highly-regulated countries with approvals based on extensive comparative analytical
and clinical (bio)similarity testing, with GMP
- biogenerics - "biosimilars" not generally on track for or with approvals in highly-regulated countries, generally without GMP
manufacturing and rigorous biosimilar analytical or clinical testing and approvals, generally, marketed in lesser- and non-regulated
countries and international commerce
[Note, an indexing field distigunishes between biosimilars/highly-regulated major markets targeted vs.
biogenerics/lesser-regulated international markets targeted].
- biobetters - Products too innovative or otherwise too different relative to any reference product to receive approval as a
Product information - Product records include:
agent/product trade name(s)
stage/phase of development
country/region for companies
indexing (mostly indications)
major market/GMP vs. lesser-regulated/non-GMP
(biogeneric) products tagged
the products and company involvement
Cross-references (links in the databases) between product
and company records
Company information - Company
company name(s), including cross-references
products company is involved with
company annual revenue range
notes and links to related products
Cross-references (links in the databases) between company
and product records
Currency - Updated at least quarterly. Last full update on Jan. 18, 2017.
Formats and Prices - 2 options
- Database annual subscription options
- $600/year - "individual" or password-based subscription (database at this site). "Individual" passwords may be reasonably
shared much as a book version might be shared, such as with colleagues working on the same projects, in same department, etc.
- $1,000 - company worldwide access; automatic access for all by server IP numbers (no logging in required);
inquire about discounts
- Bundled online subscriptions to the Directory PLUS BIOPHARMA:
Biopharmaceutical Products in the U.S. and European Markets ("The Reference Products Reference") -
inquire about prices/discounts;
BIOPHARMA includes U.S. and EU biosimilar and biobetter
launchability dates (patent, market and data exclusivity expiration
dates) for >140 reference products, plus much unique bioprocessing,
patent/licensing, regulatory and other information essential to follow-on products development, much of it available nowhere else.
- PDF file/Print format
$400 - 1-time/current PDF file version with same content as databases; product and company main sections and indexes with
cross-references between products and companies; ready for use as PDF or you may print it for personal use
Payment options - Check ($US) or credit charge. payments made to and orders filled by BioPlan Associates, Inc.
Satisfaction guaranteed - Full refund within a month, if you don't learn information that affects your company, your perspectives, etc.
For sales inquiries and purchases; 9AM-5PM Eastern U.S. time:
BioPlan Associates, Inc.
2275 Research Blvd., Suite 500
Phone: (301) 921-5979
For database/PDF content-related inquiries and database
user support; 9AM-5PM Eastern U.S. time: