BIOPHARMA: Biopharmaceutical Products in the U.S. and European Markets
10th edition/generation Web database
by Ronald A. Rader
Biotechnology Information Institute
Order or request a price quote
- An essential resource
- for general reference and competitive and technological intelligence.
The reviews agree!
- "The most useful and cost-effective resource with the information you need to understand biopharmaceutical products and the industry."
- Emphasis on biotechnology and commercial aspects - composition, activity, nomenclature, companies involved and relationships,
manufacturing processes, patents/technology transfer, regulatory history/status, approved indications, prices, market size/share, controversial aspects, etc.
- Over 580 product monographs - includes all:
- recombinant and other proteins
- antibodies - monoclonal, radioimmune conjugates
- vaccines, including biodefense vaccines
- enzymes and toxins
- blood products - human and animal-derived
- cultured cell and tissue products
- and other products, e.g., vaccine adjuvants, antisense drugs, borderline drugs/biopharmaceuticals
- Coverage - Includes all biopharmaceuticals approved in the U.S. or European Union, plus those with filings expected in 2008-9,
those with approvals withdrawn or with applications denied or withdrawn in recent years, and other recent notable and historical products
- Database updated quarterly - will be up-to-date (into Oct. 2008) in November; now in 10th edition/generation, >8.2 million characters; >1.1 million words
[Last year's (9/2007) book 6th edition was 2 vol.,
- Indexes - In-depth, highly controlled indexing and relational links provide unprecedented access to
biopharmaceutical products and companies; ~32,000 index entries (ave. >50/product)
- Product indexes - Products/Active Agents (nomenclature), Class, Biological,
Chemical, Medical, Market Size,
Expression System/Host Cell/Source, Regulatory/Status and
Approval Date Indexes
- Company indexes -
Company, Company Role, Country, State, and Marketing Territory Indexes
- Individual database subscriptions - $795/year
(for needs/usage that could traditionally be handled by 1 copy of the book).
Passwords may be shared among users within the same department, those working on common projects, small companies, an information center/library, etc. --
wherever just a single copy of a book version would otherwise be passed around or stored in one spot and be accessible to users.
- Corporate subscriptions - Higher rates for more users, sites, etc. (e.g., that would normally require
multiple copies in book format). Contact the author/publisher for a quote.
For a nomimal additional fee, your company can have
global, IP number-based, seamless desktop access to the Web database.
- Orders and price quotes are handled by the author/publisher.
- Payments are handled by Cornell University Press (CUPS), including credit card charges, checks and invoices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed - fully refundable (within 15 days, please)
*First three editions titled BIOPHARMA: Biopharmaceutical Products in the U.S. Market. Editions 4-6 titled Biopharmaceutical Products in the U.S. and European Markets.