BIOPHARMA: Biopharmaceutical Products in the U.S. and European Markets
Ronald A. Rader
Biotechnology Information Institute
- An essential resource
- for general reference and competitive and technological intelligence; essential for biosimilars, biobetters and biogenerics developers
The reviews agree!
- "The most useful and cost-effective resource with the information you need to understand biopharmaceutical products and the industry."
- Emphasis on biotechnology and commercial aspects - composition, activity, nomenclature, companies involved and relationships,
manufacturing processes, patents/technology transfer, regulatory history/status, approved indications, prices, market size/share, controversial aspects, etc. [information that is
now very hard or even impossible to find]
- Coverage - Includes all biopharmaceuticals approved in the U.S. or European Union through at least 2010 (plus others at the time
pending, filings expected soon, applications denied, approvals withdrawn, and some other notable historical products).
- Database is equivalent to the 12th annual edition, archived by 2012: >1.3 million words.
Last printed in book form in 2007, 6th edition, 2 vol.,
1,603 pages (of dense text, <10 pt Times), and the database grew ~50% over the next ~5 years
- Over 670 product monographs - covering all biopharmaceuticals from <1980s (1st recombinant proteins) to 2010+; including all:
- recombinant and other proteins
- antibodies - monoclonal, radioimmune conjugates
- vaccines, including biodefense stockpile vaccines
- enzymes and toxins
- blood/plasma products - human and animal-derived
- cultured cell and tissue products
- and other related products, e.g., vaccine adjuvants, antisense drugs, borderline drugs/biopharmaceuticals
- Indexes - In-depth, highly controlled indexing and relational links provide unprecedented access to
biopharmaceutical products and companies; ~32,000 index entries (ave. >50/product)
- Product indexes - Products/Active Agents (nomenclature), Class, Biological,
Chemical, Medical, Market Size,
Expression System/Host Cell/Source, Regulatory/Status and
Approval Date Indexes
- Company indexes -
Company, Company Role, Country, State, and Marketing Territory Indexes
- Now free online access!